The needs of veterans don’t end when wars do. Ambassadors provide one-on-one help assistance in a national network of care. Here are just some ways they help:
Behind the Scenes
- Offer financial advice, or help them find it
- Give referrals for community services (like mechanics, dry cleaners, dentists, etc.)
- Connect veterans within your local network for job interviews or enrollment in college
- Offer rides to veterans to their VA hospital or other appointments
- Check in on them occasionally to make sure they are not becoming depressed or isolated
- Get involved with them on a social level by taking them to lunch, a ball game or golfing
- At an Event—You can help with set up, registration, parking, break down, etc.
- Host a home or community fundraiser/event; Sponsor booth space or donate to a silent/live auction or raffle
We currently have 150 AMBASSADORS covering 35 STATES (see map below) but we are looking for more! If you would like to become a YRF Ambassador, please contact Amanda@yellowribbonfund.org.