FOR VETERANS & FAMILIES
The Yellow Ribbon Fund’s Ambassador Program continues to provide support for injured veterans and family members after you return home. Through our nationwide network of volunteer ambassadors, we offer the individualized, hands-on help you deserve with job hunting, navigating the VA, connecting with local services, and much more. For additional information, contact Ambassador Program director Amanda Basek.
Click on these links for information on:
- Read a quick Q&A guide on how to maximize your GI Bill benefits.
- For information about scholarships for all volunteer caregivers and their injured service members, click on the “Caregivers” tab above. It’s not just for spouses!
- THE CTU WOUNDED WARRIOR SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM is for injured service members and the spouses of injured service members to attend Colorado Technical University.
- RESOURCE LIST — Click on the link, then enlarge the view to 200%. The list includes organizations that provide veterans and their families with services in 20 categories, including travel assistance, help with expenses, mental health services, and more. All services are provided for free or at a reduced rate.
- CAREER MENTORING — For women veterans, military/veteran spouses, and family caregivers of wounded warriors, the Joining Forces Mentoring Plus program provides free one-on-one personal coaching and professional guidance through YRF’s partners at the Business & Professional Women’s Foundation.
DD-214s NOW ONLINE
- The DD-214 is issued to every veteran to document their condition of discharge — honorable, general, other than honorable, dishonorable, or bad conduct — and getting your hands on a copy is often crucial for employment purposes. The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) now has a website to help veterans do just that: http://vetrecs.archives.gov/
- Click on the job listings below for details and contact information. They’re regularly updated with job offerings from around the country.
- Don’t miss out — many listings include multiple job opportunities, so click on anything that relates to your experience, interests, or location and give it a thorough review.
- Click on the magazine cover to the right to check out US Veterans Magazine’s listing of job fairs.
- Visit VetJobs.com to post your resume and access many other resources. Click on the Media Center button and subscribe to the Veteran Eagle newsletter, which will keep you up to date on the latest job hunt news.
- Click here to learn how two employer tax credits are helping to lower the overall unemployment rate for veterans. Don’t hesitate to remind prospective employers about those credits when you’re interviewing for a job.
Dog Tag Fellowship is OPEN for Applicants! Deadline is April 3, 2015; Washington DC
Market Data Analyst: Skillman, NJ- Posted 3/16/15
Major Communications Company- Outbound Telemarketer: Louisville, KY- Posted 3/16/15
Early Head Start Teacher, Detroit MI – Posted 3/13/15
Matrix Head Start Teacher, Detroit MI – Posted 3/13/15
Assistant Teacher/School Service Assistant, Detroit MI – Posted 3/13/15
U.S. House of Representatives, Veterans Constituent Service Representative, Tucson AZ – Posted 3/11/15
U.S. House of Representatives, Veterans Case Worker, San Antonio TX – Posted 3/11/15
U.S. House of Representatives, Veterans Case Worker, Tucson or Sierra Vista AZ – Posted 3/11/15
U.S. House of Representatives, Veterans and Military Constituent Advocate, Aurora CO – Posted 3/11/15
U.S. House of Representatives, Staff Assistant-Legislative Aide, Washington DC – Posted 3/11/15
U.S. House of Representatives, Constituent Services Representative, Tifton GA – Posted 3/11/15
Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum, Chief Administrative Officer, San Francisco CA – Posted 3/10/15
Wells Fargo, Charlotte NC, Minneapolis MN and San Francisco, CA – Posted 3/10/15
AccentCare Company, Human Resources Business Partner, Newport Beach, CA – Posted 3/10/15
McDonald’s USA, LLC, Oak Brook, IL – Posted 3/10/15
Broker Trade Input and Reconciliation Clerk, Garden City, NY – Posted 3/10/15
Hot Jobs on VetJobs: The following are hot jobs on VetJobs that need candidates immediately. To apply, go to Search Jobs at www.vetjobs.com and type in the company name in the company search field and then click on search.
–Tunnel Radio of America needs Field Service Technicians in OR
–Synechron, Inc. is in need of C++ Software Developers in NY/NJ
–Entrust Datacard seeks Technical Software Support Specialists in MN/CO
–M Cohen and Sons Steel Fabricators of PA has multiple positions available
–Sysco North Texas needs Fleet Maintenance Mechanic in Lewisville, TX
–Buffett Senior Healthcare needs sales representatives in IL, GA, TX, NY, PA, CA, OH, $100k!!
–Big Bend Community College has multiple openings in New London, CT
–YMCA Metro of Chicago needs Veteran Outreach Program Coordinator in Chicago, IL
–Peterson Technology Group needs Windows Technician in Madison, WI
–Frontier Exterminating needs Service Technician in Katy, TX
–Safelite needs Technician Trainees in Chandler, AZ
–Georgia Transmission Corp needs CIP Program Analyst III or IV in Tucker, GA
–New York Blower Co needs Entry Level Sales in Willowbrook, IL
–Spec Ops Technology needs Logistics Support Manager & CONOPS Lead in Abu Dhabi
–Spec Ops Technology needs COMINT Technical Project Manager in United Kingdom
Veterans Job Fair, Philadelphia, PA – Posted 3/5/15
Big Data Architect/Data Engineer, Virtual, US – Posted 2/4/15
BI Architect, Chicago, IL – Posted 2/4/15
BI Integration Specialist, Cloud, Virtual, US – Posted 2/4/15
Senior BI Consultant – Data Driven Finance (pre-sales), Virtual, US- Posted 2/4/15
Teradata Agile Coach, Virtual, US- Posted 2/4/15
Managing Partner, Teradata Professional Services, Government Systems (VA, MD, DC) Posted 2/4/15
Senior Teradata DBA, Virtual, US- Posted 2/4/15
Architect & Platform Services Lead, Virtual, US- Posted 2/4/15
Offer Manager – Analytic Architecture, Virtual, US- Posted 2/4/15
Multiple Positions: Multiple Locations in the Northeast Region- Posted 1/21/15
$1,500 Bonus for Ohio Residents who Served in Iraq/ Afghanistan!